Since the introduction of the Universal Free School meals for ALL infant children, it is becoming increasingly difficult for us to identify those parents who would have previously been entitled to free school meals as well as additional Pupil Premium funding for the school to claim free meals due to being in receipt of certain benefits.
You could register your child for Pupil Premium regardless of whether or not your child takes up any entitlement to a free school meal.
Registering for free school meals can benefit your child and the school.
If at any point you match the below eligibility check list please see a member of office staff to fill in a form to obtain both free school meals and Pupil Premium support. You can APPLY for this at ANY TIME.
Eligibility check list:
- Income Support
- Income-based jobseekers allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child tax credit (with no working tax credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit
- I am the parent of a child who I have adopted from care
- I am the parent of a child who lives with me under a Special Guardianship order made on or after 30th December 2005
- I am the parent of a child who lives with me under a Residence Order on or after 14th October 1991.
Our January 2018 letter: Pupil Premium Letter and form
Apply here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
Further information: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pupil-premium-information-for-schools-and-alternative-provision-settings