Good morning everyone,
Thankfully the main roads are much clearer and we are now back in school. Thank you for your patience with us and for supporting your child with their remote learning yesterday. Currently the children are enjoying playing in what little snow is left. I hope those of you at home enjoy some outside time too.
Please remember if you are in the School Council we are holding our next meeting at 3.35 pm today.
Todays KS 2 story is Chapter 4 of Why the Whales Came- don’t miss it!
Todays KS 1 story is Bright Stanley. This is also being shared with the children at Hillside Academy.
Weekly Engagement Chart
Fantastic engagement from Pumas class
Friday 12th February is Fun Day.
The School Council agreed that next Friday will be a Fun Day both in school and out. Teachers are currently planning for a minimum screen time day so look out for this on this week’s timetables.
Virtual Book Fair
This week we are holding our virtual book fair. Books are available to purchase on our special link here: https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/digital-book-club Have your books ordered and delivered ready for World Book Day on 4th March. As usual more books bought by families means more free books for the school.
Positive Covid Tests this weekend
Where pupils or staff still attending their school test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) during the holidays, having developed symptoms more than 48 hours since being in school, schools are not required to take any action. Staff, parents and carers should follow contact tracing instructions provided by NHS Test and Trace. However, where pupils or staff still attending their school test positive having developed symptoms within 48 hours of being in school, the school is asked to assist in identifying close contacts and advising self-isolation, as the individual may have been infectious whilst in school.
In the event of this happening on Saturday 13th or Sunday 14th February please contact the school using the admin address between 9.30- 10. 30 am.
I hope you have a good day.
Monday January 11th until March 8th.
Please follow the link to your child’s class page where we will upload the weekly timetable (uploaded each Friday.)
This will contain the links to the live sessions with your child’s teacher. We will be monitoring engagement with the online learning making sure that all children are keeping up with their school work. The timetable will include links to daily English and Maths lessons with your class teacher as well as a story/ class novel session. You can also share your child’s work via Purple Mash, via Facebook or via email to Castle admin.
All lessons with your teacher will be accessed via Microsoft Teams.
Parent Portal’ is now live and the first two videos can be accessed and shared via the following links:
· Number 1 (Introduction) here: https://vimeo.com/499987315/f706e8e19a
· Number 2 (using Teams) here: https://vimeo.com/500166212/8fce1e45c5
Our home learning also incorporates the use of our online learning platforms.
There will also be links to support independent learning and research into the curriculum theme for the term. If you have difficulties accessing learning virtually please let us know and together we can work out how to support you.
Safeguarding for our online teaching sessions.
• All sessions on Teams will have two members of staff (one lead, one support) present at all times and the full session will be recorded. This means that children can watch the recording again to help them with their follow up work.
• Web-cameras/Video/Microphones should be turned on for students during taking the register and if they have a question, but for the remainder of time, webcameras/video/Microphones for students should be turned off. This will be managed and monitored by the supporting member of staff.
• The ‘chat’ function will be disabled for 1-1 use and is not to be used outside of the public forum and may only be used in group meeting sessions for asking questions. This will be managed by the supervisors on the call.