Good morning everyone,
Yesterday we held a School Council meeting on Teams. Please watch today’s assembly to find out what we discussed and what the children decided.
We have had new LED lighting installed in school and what a difference it has made. Thank you to Miss Womack for sourcing the funding for this.
Friday 12th February is Fun Day.
The School Council agreed that next Friday will be a Fun Day both in school and out. School Council also agreed that during the day children can decorate a plain T shirt if they have one.
Parenting Course Flyer
Weekly Engagement Chart
Fantastic engagement from Pumas class.
Well done to all classes for increasing their engagement scores from week 1.
You will shortly be receiving an Astrea survey about your experiences of online learning. Please tell us what is working and what is not. Thank you.
Positive Covid Tests this weekend
Where pupils or staff still attending their school test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) during the holidays, having developed symptoms more than 48 hours since being in school, schools are not required to take any action. Staff, parents and carers should follow contact tracing instructions provided by NHS Test and Trace. However, where pupils or staff still attending their school test positive having developed symptoms within 48 hours of being in school, the school is asked to assist in identifying close contacts and advising self-isolation, as the individual may have been infectious whilst in school.
In the event of this happening on Saturday 13th or Sunday 14th February please contact the school using the admin address between 9.30- 10. 30 am.
I hope you have a good day.
Monday January 11th until March 8th.
Please follow the link to your child’s class page where we will upload the weekly timetable (uploaded each Friday.)
This will contain the links to the live sessions with your child’s teacher. We will be monitoring engagement with the online learning making sure that all children are keeping up with their school work. The timetable will include links to daily English and Maths lessons with your class teacher as well as a story/ class novel session. You can also share your child’s work via Purple Mash, via Facebook or via email to Castle admin.
All lessons with your teacher will be accessed via Microsoft Teams.
Parent Portal’ is now live and the first two videos can be accessed and shared via the following links:
· Number 1 (Introduction) here: https://vimeo.com/499987315/f706e8e19a
· Number 2 (using Teams) here: https://vimeo.com/500166212/8fce1e45c5
Our home learning also incorporates the use of our online learning platforms.
There will also be links to support independent learning and research into the curriculum theme for the term. If you have difficulties accessing learning virtually please let us know and together we can work out how to support you.
Safeguarding for our online teaching sessions.
• All sessions on Teams will have two members of staff (one lead, one support) present at all times and the full session will be recorded. This means that children can watch the recording again to help them with their follow up work.
• Web-cameras/Video/Microphones should be turned on for students during taking the register and if they have a question, but for the remainder of time, webcameras/video/Microphones for students should be turned off. This will be managed and monitored by the supporting member of staff.
• The ‘chat’ function will be disabled for 1-1 use and is not to be used outside of the public forum and may only be used in group meeting sessions for asking questions. This will be managed by the supervisors on the call.