Good morning everyone,
It was a wet start to the term yesterday but I am hoping the weather is improving. Mr Timmins and I will be starting to clear out last year’s growing beds ready for the children returning. It’s almost time to plant pumpkins!!
March 8th return to school plans.
You will have heard the announcement made yesterday regarding full opening of all schools. We are currently reviewing our risk assessments and procedures ready for wider opening on 8th March, This means we will return to the structures we had in place in the autumn term e. g class bubbles and staggered start and finish times. More to follow tomorrow.
School Council Assembly
Please watch our School Council Assembly today and help by adding your fund raising ideas to your class School Council page.
We hope to be selling noses.
Astrea Parent Portal link.
Keep up the good work everyone!
Well done to Ben- super spelling.
Well done to all the children who have sent in photos of what they got up to on Fun Friday.
I hope you have a good day.
Monday January 11th until March 8th.
Please follow the link to your child’s class page where we will upload the weekly timetable (uploaded each Friday.)
This will contain the links to the live sessions with your child’s teacher. We will be monitoring engagement with the online learning making sure that all children are keeping up with their school work. The timetable will include links to daily English and Maths lessons with your class teacher as well as a story/ class novel session. You can also share your child’s work via Purple Mash, via Facebook or via email to Castle admin.
All lessons with your teacher will be accessed via Microsoft Teams.
Parent Portal’ is now live and the first two videos can be accessed and shared via the following links:
· Number 1 (Introduction) here: https://vimeo.com/499987315/f706e8e19a
· Number 2 (using Teams) here: https://vimeo.com/500166212/8fce1e45c5
Our home learning also incorporates the use of our online learning platforms.
There will also be links to support independent learning and research into the curriculum theme for the term. If you have difficulties accessing learning virtually please let us know and together we can work out how to support you.
Safeguarding for our online teaching sessions.
• All sessions on Teams will have two members of staff (one lead, one support) present at all times and the full session will be recorded. This means that children can watch the recording again to help them with their follow up work.
• Web-cameras/Video/Microphones should be turned on for students during taking the register and if they have a question, but for the remainder of time, webcameras/video/Microphones for students should be turned off. This will be managed and monitored by the supporting member of staff.
• The ‘chat’ function will be disabled for 1-1 use and is not to be used outside of the public forum and may only be used in group meeting sessions for asking questions. This will be managed by the supervisors on the call.