Good morning everyone,
It gives me great pleasure to look ahead and set some dates…
No screen day- Friday March 5th
Return to school for everyone- Monday March 8th
Science week- March 15th
Red Nose Day- March 19th- more to follow
Easter Fun day- March 25th
Learning Celebration day – shared virtually with parents- March 26th
March 26th- April 12th- Easter holidays
- Staggered start and finish times (to be confirmed)
- School uniform worn.
- PE kit worn on PE days.
- No bags or book bags needed.
- Coats only needed if cold or wet.
- Water bottles needed.
- School lunches available. If your child is bringing a packed lunch please make sure they can open all bottles and packages themselves.
- Please do not enter the site unless you have been asked to do so. Please adhere to social distance when dropping off or picking up your child, If you are not able to do this then please wear a face mask.
- Please do not send your child to school or enter the site if you are feeling unwell.
- Before and after school clubs will not resume until restrictions ease.
Welcome back letter and video from Chartwells- school meals provider
I hope you have a good day.
Monday January 11th until March 8th.
Please follow the link to your child’s class page where we will upload the weekly timetable (uploaded each Friday.)
This will contain the links to the live sessions with your child’s teacher. We will be monitoring engagement with the online learning making sure that all children are keeping up with their school work. The timetable will include links to daily English and Maths lessons with your class teacher as well as a story/ class novel session. You can also share your child’s work via Purple Mash, via Facebook or via email to Castle admin.
All lessons with your teacher will be accessed via Microsoft Teams.
Parent Portal’ is now live and the first two videos can be accessed and shared via the following links:
· Number 1 (Introduction) here: https://vimeo.com/499987315/f706e8e19a
· Number 2 (using Teams) here: https://vimeo.com/500166212/8fce1e45c5
Our home learning also incorporates the use of our online learning platforms.
There will also be links to support independent learning and research into the curriculum theme for the term. If you have difficulties accessing learning virtually please let us know and together we can work out how to support you.
Safeguarding for our online teaching sessions.
• All sessions on Teams will have two members of staff (one lead, one support) present at all times and the full session will be recorded. This means that children can watch the recording again to help them with their follow up work.
• Web-cameras/Video/Microphones should be turned on for students during taking the register and if they have a question, but for the remainder of time, webcameras/video/Microphones for students should be turned off. This will be managed and monitored by the supporting member of staff.
• The ‘chat’ function will be disabled for 1-1 use and is not to be used outside of the public forum and may only be used in group meeting sessions for asking questions. This will be managed by the supervisors on the call.