Good morning everyone,
Thank you for sharing some super photos of children working hard.
1- Lynx Class, 2- Tigers Class, 3- Leopards Class, 4- Jaguars Class, 5- Cougars Class, 6- Pumas Class.
We have had some ideas for our Red Nose Day- come wearing red, have a fun run, have a craft day and host a talent show. We will hold a meeting on Tuesday 9th March to discuss these ideas. Please add any more thoughts to our class pages.
Please keep reading our daily post as this is the place where we share our important information.
I hope you have a good day.
Digital World Book Day- March 4th- pyjama day
No screen day- Friday March 5th
Return to school for everyone- Monday March 8th
Science week- March 15th
Red Nose Day- March 19th- more to follow
Easter Fun day- March 25th
Learning Celebration day – shared virtually with parents- March 26th
March 26th- April 12th- Easter holidays
- Staggered start and finish times (please see below)
- School uniform worn. It is warmer now in school but if your child is feeling cold them please send them with a warm jumper or wearing a tee shirt under their uniform.
- PE kit worn on PE days.
- No bags or book bags needed.
- Coats only needed if cold or wet.
- Water bottles needed.
- School lunches available. If your child is bringing a packed lunch please make sure they can open all bottles and packages themselves.
- Please do not enter the site unless you have been asked to do so. Please adhere to social distance when dropping off or picking up your child, If you are not able to do this then please wear a face mask.
- Please do not send your child to school or enter the site if you are feeling unwell.
- Before and after school clubs will not resume until restrictions ease.
Start and finish times
Updates to drop off and collection points and times.
Year 1 will now access and leave the site via the second gate on Low Road (office access) This will give more space for Jaguar class who will remain at the first gate. Times are the same.
Year 2- I have moved the window to 8.40- 8.50 as there seemed to be too much waiting time.
Please take time to read the letter and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Guidance regarding testing of households, childcare and support bubbles of primary and secondary-age pupils
About 1 in 3 people with coronavirus do not have symptoms but can still pass it on to others. Regular testing of people without symptoms is important to help stop the virus spreading and protect your loved ones. As lockdown restrictions gradually ease we all need to play our part to help protect each other.
The following people in England will have access to regular rapid lateral flow testing made available to them as schools reopen:
- secondary school pupils
- primary and secondary school staff
- households, childcare and support bubbles of primary and secondary-age pupils
- households, childcare and support bubbles of primary and secondary staff
Primary school pupils will not be asked to test at this time. The guidance below explains how you can order tests.
Monday January 11th until March 8th.
Please follow the link to your child’s class page where we will upload the weekly timetable (uploaded each Friday.)
This will contain the links to the live sessions with your child’s teacher. We will be monitoring engagement with the online learning making sure that all children are keeping up with their school work. The timetable will include links to daily English and Maths lessons with your class teacher as well as a story/ class novel session. You can also share your child’s work via Purple Mash, via Facebook or via email to Castle admin.
All lessons with your teacher will be accessed via Microsoft Teams.
Parent Portal’ is now live and the first two videos can be accessed and shared via the following links:
· Number 1 (Introduction) here: https://vimeo.com/499987315/f706e8e19a
· Number 2 (using Teams) here: https://vimeo.com/500166212/8fce1e45c5
Our home learning also incorporates the use of our online learning platforms.
There will also be links to support independent learning and research into the curriculum theme for the term. If you have difficulties accessing learning virtually please let us know and together we can work out how to support you.
Safeguarding for our online teaching sessions.
• All sessions on Teams will have two members of staff (one lead, one support) present at all times and the full session will be recorded. This means that children can watch the recording again to help them with their follow up work.
• Web-cameras/Video/Microphones should be turned on for students during taking the register and if they have a question, but for the remainder of time, webcameras/video/Microphones for students should be turned off. This will be managed and monitored by the supporting member of staff.
• The ‘chat’ function will be disabled for 1-1 use and is not to be used outside of the public forum and may only be used in group meeting sessions for asking questions. This will be managed by the supervisors on the call.