Each week we will post a Newsletter to update everyone on what is happening in school, celebrate our success and share our school development priorities. Our office team will also be able to share this with you via the MCAS app.
Please find the link to our weekly Newsletter:
At Castle Academy we are committed to providing the best possible education for all of our children. We encourage our children to strive for excellence. For a child to reach their full educational potential, a high level of attendance is essential.
Mrs Bond and I are currently working with Mr Holmes (Astrea Specialist Attendance Lead) to improve whole school, class and individual pupil attendance. Currently our whole school attendance is at 91.1% and we are working towards the national target of at least 96%. We know that COVID-19 has impacted on school attendance nationwide, however, we are working hard to improve attendance for all. Here are some of the attendance initiatives we have developed alongside the children:
- Attendance League Display– The class who earn the most smiley faces will earn a special attendance reward at the end of the term.
- Class Attendance Certificates– The class with the highest weekly attendance will earn a certificate and a smiley face for the Attendance League.
- Whole Class 100% Attendance Reward– If a class achieves 100% for a whole week they will earn a non-uniform day for the following Friday.
- 100% Attendance Bingo– all pupils who achieve 100% weekly attendance will be entered into a weekly attendance raffle and prizes will be awarded during the Friday celebration assembly.
- Inter-Class Competitions– Mr Holmes will be supporting us to develop inter class attendance competitions.
As well as working with the children to improve attendance, we are continuing our work to support parents and families where children’s attendance is a concern. We aim to do this by:
- Keeping parents informed about their child’s attendance and notify parents when children’s attendance drops below the national expectation.
- Inviting parents to attend Attendance and Wellbeing meetings with our Parent Support Advisor (Mrs Bond)
- Personalised attendance action plans implemented, e.g. individual/family attendance reward charts.
- Completion of an Early Help Assessment where appropriate.
- Liaising with Astrea Specialist Attendance Lead/Education Welfare Officers.
If you have concerns about your child’s attendance, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Bond.
Places in Reception available at Castle Academy.
We know that choosing a primary school is one of the most important decisions that a parent makes. At Castle Academy we work hard to make sure your child feels safe, welcomed and inspired to learn. If you have any friends of family who have children reception age and they would like to know more about us then please ask them to contact the school. We will be happy to show them around our lovely school and answer any questions they may have. We can also help with the process of applying for a place.
Help us to grow our family by passing this on.
Each classroom has a recognition board. All children will be aiming to have their photograph moved onto the board by the end of the school day. This recognises that all children have been following the school rules and have made the most of their learning time in school.
Class Charter-please click on image for a clearer view
Each class will agree a set of rules- the class charter.
Home school agreement- please click on image for a clearer view
We will be asking you and your child to sign a home school agreement so that we are all clear on how we are working together.
Castle class reward chart- please click on image for a clearer view
Each class will have a reward chart. At the beginning of each 1/2 term the children will discuss and choose the reward they are working towards. Children who display excellent behaviours for learning will earn a gold leaf to add to the chart, The children achieve the reward when the chart is full of golden leaves. We hope that this will further develop team working and responsibility.
Castle consequence steps- please click on image for a clearer view.
Each class will have a copy of our consequence steps. These clearly set out our strategies for managing negative behaviour. If your child reaches step 6 on more than 3 occasions we will be in touch to request a meeting with you so that we can work together to support your child to improve their behaviour.
School Uniform Reminders
Please make sure your child has the correct school and PE uniform.
- School uniform does not include grey jogging bottoms or leggings.
- Jewellery- only stud earrings are permitted.
- No coloured trainers
- Remember we are encouraging the return of bringing a book bag to school everyday!
Castle PE shirts available on the link below.
Here is the link to our school uniform shop https://myclothing.com/castle-academy/6295.school