School Uniform Policy
We believe at Castle Academy that wearing a uniform helps:
- To raise standards by promoting pride in our vision statement.
- To create a sense of community.
- To promote safety by making pupils instantly recognisable when out of school.
- To promote health and safety by wearing suitable clothes and footwear for their activities.
Parents are asked to support their child to ensure they arrive at school in full uniform.
On PE days your child can come to school wearing their PE uniform.
- Black school shoes (All black training shoes are acceptable)
- Grey trousers or Grey skirt/pinafore
- White polo shirt
- Red sweatshirt/cardigan with school logo or without logo.
- Red/grey tights, black/grey or white socks.
In warmer weather grey shorts or red gingham dresses may be worn.
PE Uniform- no brand logos please
- White plain T-shirt
- Black shorts/ plain black jogging trousers – no logos (for outdoor PE.)
- Socks (children will be asked to remove these for indoor PE)
- Appropriate trainers/plimsoles
- Red sweatshirt/cardigan
Uniform is available to buy online from MyClothing.com – see the link below to the website and the Leaflet and Price list. Alternatively you can purchase uniform from a range of supermarkets and shops.
- No jewellery other than stud earrings may be worn in school at any time.
- No nail varnish or make-up may be worn.
- Studs must be removed for physical activity or taped over.
Please note school will not be liable if jewellery gets lost or damaged.
Please label all clothing with your child’s full name. We cannot stress enough how important this is to ensure all lost property can be easily traced. At the end of each day please ensure you check you have all your child’s uniform.
At the end of each term we display any lost property in the school hall. We cannot guarantee to keep any items from lost property into the next term but you are always very welcome to check through the lost property at any time.
Children not wearing uniform
The expectation from both staff and governors is that all children will wear the full uniform – both the main uniform and the PE uniform, and adhere to the code on wearing jewellery. However if the child is unable to wear uniform due to exceptional circumstances parents should contact the class-teacher to let them know.
1. Children not wearing uniform will be reminded to do so by their teacher in the first instance.
2. If this re-occurs a letter will be sent home.
3. If this continues the parents will be asked to make an appointment with the Principal or Vice Principal.
Pre-Loved Uniform Swap
In response to the cost of living crisis, our School Council and Eco Council collaborated to set up a ‘Pre-Loved Uniform Swap’ which is now available all year round.
Feel free to help yourself to a bundle of uniform and help our pupils ‘reduce, reuse and recycle’.