Foundation Stage 2- Lynx Class
Welcome to our class website.
Our class teachers are Miss Blagden and Mrs Bradley and our Teaching Assistant is called Mrs Duffty.
Our class mascot is Boris Bear. Each week Boris chooses someone to go home with on a Friday. Every Monday, we enjoy finding out about Boris Bear’s adventures by sharing his diary with the class.
Over this year we will learn lots of new things.
If you click on the FS 2 term pages you will be able to download the curriculum leaflet which we send to parents.
Presentation to new FS2 parents.
The Early Years Foundation Stage
For more information about the Early Years Foundation Stage and how parents can support children’s learning, click on the image below.
We are always eager to find out what the children have been doing and achieving at home, as well as in school. At Castle Academy, we value parental input into the on-going assessment of their children within the Early Year Foundation Stage.
Please send any parent observations using 2Simple (evidence.me)
Virtual Phase 2 Phonics for Parents Workshop
The EYFS Team have created a Virtual Workshop for Parents all about how to support children at home with Phase 2 Phonics. Each slide has a voice over- just click on the speaker icon. If you have any questions about the workshop please speak to a member of the EYFS Team who will be happy to help!
Home learning for our younger children.
We have checked this as carefully as we can but in case something has been added or changed that it not appropriate then please us know.
- ABC Mouse – Reading, maths, science
- Academics – Games based on a range of subjects
- CrickWeb – Free, online educational resources and games
- Classroom Secrets – Free learning packs
- Kapow – Art, music, IT, languages, relationships, wellbeing -14-day free trial
- TTS – Free downloadable primary packs covering a range of subjects
- Robin Hood MAT – 7 weeks worth of learning projects
- Sparklebox – Free resources on a range of subjects
- World united – Free worksheets for children
- Hungry little minds – Simple, fun activities for under 5’s
- Oxford Owl – Phonics and reading games
- Early learn – Free to sign-up for one month
- ABCYA – Free educational game
Learning with Lego!
If you have some Lego at home, why not try some of the ideas in the video link below. You could send in photos of your Lego creations in to email@example.com
Please click on our Learning Zone page to discover more activities.
Regina’s Reading Corner
Click on the link below to see the home learning plan for FS2:
FS2 Home Learning Week 1 (Spring)
FS2 Home Learning Week 2 (Easter)
FS2 Home Learning Week 3 (St Georges Day)
FS2 Home Learning Week 4 (Life Cycle of a Frog)
FS2 Home Learning Week 5 (VE Day)
FS2 Home Learning Week 6 (Astrea Promise- Farm)
FS2 Home Learning Week 7 (Astrea Promise & Festival of Kindness)
FS2 Home Learning Week 8 (Summer)
FS2 Home Learning Week 9 (Under the Sea)
FS2 Home Learning Week 10 (Noah’s Ark)
FS2 Home Learning Week 11 (Transport)
FS2 Home Learning Week 12 (Space)
FS2 Home Learning Week 13 (Pirates)
FS2 Home Learning Week 14 (Transition)
Additional Resources to support Week 13 home learning:
Here are some extra Phonics booklets that you might find useful: